Both in winter and summer, babies need nutrients. What could be more useful than a salad of cucumbers and tomatoes? By the way, the calorie content of a salad of cucumbers and tomatoes is minimal, which means that it does not lead to the deposition of fat. Let’s look at a few recipes for cooking vegetable salad.
The benefits of tomatoes
Macro and trace elements:
- Magnesium – participates in the regulation of the kidneys, a beneficial effect on the nervous system, regulates the activity of the heart.
- Potassium and sodium work together: they maintain the water-salt balance in the body, potassium affects the work of skeletal muscles and the heart.
- Iodine vital for the proper operation of the thyroid gland and the synthesis of thyroid-stimulating hormones that regulate most of the processes in the body.
- Phosphorus – component of bone tissue and teeth.
- Calcium, as well as phosphorus, it is necessary for strong and healthy bones and teeth.
- Copper promotes the formation of hemoglobin that carries oxygen.
- Iron – takes part in blood formation processes.
- And – helps to improve vision, regulates twilight vision, increases immunity resistance. Strong antioxidant – removes radical particles that can harm the body from the inside.
- C – participates in the synthesis of collagen, strengthens blood vessels. It is a strong natural antioxidant.
- K – link chain reactions for blood clotting in injuries.
- Group B – affects the work of the nervous and immune systems, increasing the body’s resistance to diseases in the autumn-spring period. Participates in the regulation of metabolic processes. Vitamin PP reduces the amount of “bad” cholesterol in the blood and protects the vascular endothelium.
- E – is a strong antioxidant, necessary for the proper operation of the endocrine glands that synthesize hormones – substances that regulate all processes in the body.
- High water content, which in itself has significant benefits for the whole body of the child.
- Lycopenin is a natural antioxidant that strengthens the vascular and heart endothelium. Prevention of cancer development.
- Pectins are substances that improve intestinal motility, normalize blood pressure, reduce cholesterol in the blood.
- Silicon affects the state of skin derivatives: hair and nails.
- Potassium along with sodium, it is necessary for the regulation of water metabolism in every cell of the body, and potassium also regulates the activity of the heart muscle and skeletal muscles.
- Sulfur – one of the regulatory mechanisms of metabolism, improves immunity, and also affects the formation and development of the nervous system. Sulfur is necessary for the development of the skeleton and muscle mass, especially during periods of active growth.
- Iodine participates in the synthesis of thyroid-stimulating hormones, is their essential structural part.
- Cucumbers are rich in vitamins A, which contribute to the improvement of the immune system, affecting twilight vision.
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is necessary for the synthesis of collagen, one of the important components of our body.
- Cucumber is a vegetable consisting of 2/3 of water.
- Essential oils in the composition of cucumber increase appetite.
- Tartric acid regulates carbon-fat metabolism.
- According to some reports, fresh cucumber juice destroys some microorganisms.
Recommendations and advice on the preparation and introduction to the diet
- Choose only fresh and ripe fruit. Vegetables should be without rot and plowing.
- Before eating vegetables, it is better to soak in salted water for half an hour, so you save the vegetables from possible nitrates.
- Do not cut the skin off cucumbers: it is she who is rich in vitamins.
- Everyone’s favorite salad of tomatoes and cucumbers is actually quite heavy for children’s digestive systems. After the first use, carefully observe the child.
- Feel free to season the salad not only with sour cream, but also with any vegetable oil.
- Salt the salad and leave it for fifteen minutes to make the juice stand out, and only then fill with oil.
Tomato and Cucumber Salad – Recipe
To prepare a salad of fresh cucumbers and tomatoes, you will need:
- 3 pcs. ripe tomatoes;
- 2 pcs. cucumbers;
How to do:
- Cut the cucumbers into slices and send them to a bowl.
- There also send tomatoes.
- Chop the parsley finely and add to the salad.
- Season the salad with fresh sour cream and salt.
Salad with cheese, tomatoes and cucumbers
- 3 pcs. tomatoes;
- 2 pcs. cucumbers;
- 1 PC. Bell pepper;
Slice all the ingredients, mix in a bowl and season with sour cream. Dish due to the presence of cheese is not necessary to salt. Instead of salted cheese, you can prepare a salad with mozzarella, tomatoes and cucumbers. The recipe is the same, only with mozzarella.
Avocado, Tomato and Cucumber Salad
- 1 PC. a tomato;
- 1 PC. cucumber;
- 1 PC. avocado;
- 1 PC. Bell pepper;
How to do:
- Slice the ingredients into small pieces.
- To peel the avocado, peel off the skin and remove the bone. It should not get into the salad, because it contains more tannins. Dice the avocados and add to the salad.
- Fill it with oil.
- Salt it.
How to cook such a salad for a child – video
From this video you will learn a delicious recipe for cooking cabbage, cucumber and tomato salad. This is a very simple and tasty salad that can be prepared with your child. By the way, if you squeeze the cabbage with salt before adding it to the salad, you can not salt the other ingredients.
Try to prepare for the child a salad of vegetables or beets with prunes, and maybe the kid will like the salad of green onion and egg.