During the life of a person necessarily faces viral infections, and no one has yet managed to avoid them. Children are most susceptible to such diseases. Especially if a child visits a team in an educational or educational institution where viruses easily spread.
The onset of cold weather parents expect anxiously, trying during the “cold season” to insure themselves and to get medicines for ARVI, flu and similar ailments. Ergoferon in the instructions for use for children there are practically no contraindications, and the price for it is quite acceptable, which makes this medicine popular among the population.
If a pediatrician prescribed such a remedy or an experienced parent advised, it is important to understand what kind of medication it is, how to take it, and whether it and its analogues are suitable for the treatment of viral infections in children.
Release form and composition of the drug
Ergoferon released in the form of sucking pills and oral solution. The tablets are packaged in ten pieces; in a pack two blister packs. The solution is available in bubbles of 100 ml.
Manufacturers in the instructions report the following information:
- One tablet of the product contains affinity purified antibodies to human gamma interferon – 0.006 g diluted in 100 to 12 degrees, affinity purified antibodies to histamine – 0.006 g, diluted in 100 to 30 degrees, and affinity purified antibodies to CD4 – 0.006 g, diluted in 100 in 50 degrees. That is, each of the active ingredients of the drug is applied to the excipients as a mixture of many times diluted active components. Excipients: milk sugar monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose;
- The set of effects caused by the introduction of this substance into the body: has an antiviral effect, has anti-inflammatory properties, blocks the action of histamines, has a regulating effect on the immune system;
- It is a homeopathic remedy;
- Ergoferon is harmless to children, the price for it varies between 225-480 rubles, and the feedback on the product is positive in most cases.
Like many antiviral drugs, Ergoferon has a rather impressive spectrum of activity. It is recommended to be used for the prevention and treatment of the following diseases:
- SARS caused by adenovirus, parainfluenza virus, coronavirus, respiratory syncytial virus;
- Symptoms of influenza in children (serotypes A and B). Including such varieties as “avian” (A / H5N1) and “pork” (A / H1N1);
- Herpes virus infections (this includes infectious mononucleosis, as well as chickenpox);
- Tick-borne encephalitis, enterovirus and meningococcal meningitis, HFRS;
- Acute intestinal infections caused by adenovirus, rotavirus, calicivirus, coronavirus, enterovirus;
- Whooping cough, acute anthropozoonotic intestinal infection, pseudotuberculosis, almost all types of pneumonia.
How to take Ergoferon
One of the significant advantages of this antiviral agent is that it can be taken to babies from 6 months.