Cough is an unpleasant symptom, often accompanying various diseases. Its danger is that with a normal viral infection with a cough, complications such as bronchitis or pneumonia may occur. In addition, the cough may be allergic.
In any case, it gives the ill child an extremely unpleasant feeling. On the shelves of pharmacies a lot of different drugs designed to combat cough. Consider one of them – Erespal.
Release form and composition of the drug
The medicine is available in 2 forms. As indicated in the instructions for use, Erespal is prescribed in the form of a syrup for children over 2 years old and tablets for adolescents from 12 years and adults. The main substance in the composition of the drug is hydrochloride fenspiride.
It also includes a phytocomponent – natural. licorice root extract. To give the syrup a pleasant taste, which is important when using it in young children, saccharin, sucrose, tincture of vanilla and honey flavoring are added to the composition.
Fenspiride hydrochloride has several properties:
- Pronounced anti-inflammatory effect on the respiratory tract;
- Antispasmodic action;
- Increase cough productivity;
- Promotes expansion of the bronchi.
Acute and chronic inflammation of the respiratory tract, ENT organs:
- Allergic rhinitis and other respiratory allergies.
- Treatment of respiratory symptoms of measles, flu, whooping cough in the complex therapy.
- Inflammation of the lungs, obstructive bronchitis.
The effectiveness of Erespal is that it acts on all types of cough, while removing signs of allergies. It is prescribed for both dry and wet coughs, with a very long duration of this symptom. This feature allows you to replace several types of drugs (expectorant, antitussive, mucolytics, antihistamines) with one agent. It will be relevant to use it for whooping cough and other conditions when the child suffers from severe coughing up to vomiting for a long time.
How to take Erespal
How many days to take the child Erespal for children and in what dosage? Rules for the use of drugs are described in detail in the instructions.
- Children over two years old a dose of 2 milliliters of syrup is prescribed per kilogram of weight. For example, if a small patient weighs 15 kg, then he should take 30 ml of the drug per day, dividing them by 3 times in 10 ml after meals.
- For children over twelve and adults, the daily rate will be from 45 to 90 milliliters of liquid medicine or 2 tablets per day.
The duration of treatment depends on the diagnosis, the course of the disease. Prescribe the duration of the course, extend or terminate the application should only doctor controlling the patient’s condition.
Do not take the drug described:
- Pregnant and lactating women due to the lack of data on the effects on the fetus and infant;
- Children under 2 years;
- Patients with individual sensitivity to the components of the drug;
- Patients with diabetes due to the presence of sucrose in the syrup should be taken exclusively tablets.
In some diseases involving the administration of antibiotics and other drugs, Erespal is part of a combination therapy. It is allowed to take it simultaneously with antibacterial drugs, but in no case can it be a substitute.
It is not recommended to take alcohol in treatment and use sedatives: This may enhance the sedative effect of the medication. It is also worth considering when driving a car or working with mechanisms.
Reviews of syrup for children Erespal positive, but some parents may be embarrassed by its price, and they are interested in cheaper analogues of this medication. The difference in price may be small, but significant for someone, especially if you have to buy a lot of medicines. There are many other tools that have the same active ingredient. These include:
- Syrups: Bronhomaks, Sinuspal, Inspirone, Fosidal, Erispirus, Siresp.
- Pills: Amispiron IC, Bronhomaks, Inspiron, Epistat, Eladon.
When deciding to replace the analogue, you should consult a doctor and take into account the concentration of the active substance, as well as other components.
A detailed analysis of the instructions, indications for use and treatment regimen is presented in the video.